Looking for homemade frooti recipe with step by step instruction? If yes, get in touch with YouTube channel of Ajanta Food Products. While Frooti is known for its natural mango color, if you wish to add a vibrant yellow hue to your homemade Frooti using food coloring, you can do so by following this modified recipe. We will briefly discuss how to make homemade mango frooti recipe at your home.
- 2 ripe mangoes (Alphonso or any sweet variety)
- 1/4 cup sugar (adjust according to the sweetness of mangoes)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups water
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Pinch of yellow food colour from Ajanta Food Products, which can be purchased from Amazon at https://www.amazon.in/AJANTA-colour-Tartrazine-Raspberry-Chocolate/dp/B0B6RTQNGQ
Peel and Chop Mangoes:
– Peel the ripe mangoes and cut the flesh into small cubes, extracting as much mango pulp as possible.
Blend Mangoes with Food Colour from Ajanta Food Products
– In a blender, combine the mango cubes, sugar, lemon juice, and pinch of yellow food colour from Ajanta Food Products.
– Blend until you get a smooth puree. Adjust the amount of food coloring to achieve your desired yellow hue.
Strain the Colored Puree:
– Strain the mango puree using a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth into a bowl to remove any fibrous or coarse bits. This will leave you with a smooth, colored mango concentrate.
Prepare Mango Concentrate:
– Press down on the pulp to extract as much liquid as possible. The strained liquid is your mango concentrate with added yellow colour from Ajanta Food Products.
Dilute with Water:
– In a pitcher, combine the colored mango concentrate with 3 cups of water. Adjust the water quantity based on your desired sweetness and concentration level.
Chill and Serve:
– Refrigerate the Frooti for at least a couple of hours to chill thoroughly. You can also add ice cubes before serving for an extra-refreshing touch.
Serve and Enjoy:
– Pour the chilled, yellow-hued Frooti into glasses and serve. Garnish with a slice of mango on the rim if desired.