Do you want to learn how to make custard seviyan recipe at your home? If yes, then you are at the right place. In this post, we will discuss how to make delicious, rich and creamy custard recipe at home with simple ingredients. Custard Seviyan is a delicious dessert that is loved by everyone in Indian sub-continent. To learn step by step guide on custard sewai recipe in Hindi, you can watch and subscribe to the YouTube channel of Ajanta Food Products. This channel has many simple and easy recipes that you can try at your home. This recipe combines the rich and creamy flavor of custard with the sweet and nutty taste of vermicelli noodles. It is very popular dessert in India. In addition to this, this recipe is often served during festivals and special occasions.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup vermicelli noodles
- 3 cups whole milk from Amul
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch from Ajanta Food Products
- 2 tablespoons butter from Amul
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons rose water (optional)
- Gather all ingredients at one place.
- First of all, you should break the vermicelli noodles into small pieces and set aside.
- Heat the milk over medium heat until it begins to simmer in a large saucepan.
- Whisk together the sugar and cornstarch from Ajanta Food Products in a small bowl.
- You should gradually add this mixture to the simmering milk, stirring constantly.
- You should make sure that no lumps are formed.
- You should continue to stir the mixture.
- Stirring should be done until it thickens and begins to boil.
- You should remove the pan from heat and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until melted.
- You should add the vermicelli noodles.
- You should stir until they are lightly browned.
- You should add the cardamom powder and nutmeg powder to the vermicelli noodles.
- Stir until well combined.
- You should gradually add the thickened milk mixture to the vermicelli noodles, stirring constantly.
- Add rose water if desired. Few drops of rose water enhance the overall aroma of this dessert.
- Stir in the slivered almonds and raisins.
- Serve the custard seviyan hot or cold. Garnish it with dry fruits.
- You can also garnish with additional slivered almonds and raisins.