Bread pudding is a classic dessert that combines the warmth of bread with a luscious custard sauce.
One of the professionals from Ajanta Food Products said, “In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make a delightful bread pudding using custard powder, without the need for an oven. With its rich flavours and comforting texture, this bread custard pudding is sure to become a favourite dessert for any occasion”. In this post, we will briefly discuss how to make bread pudding with custard powder from Ajanta Food Products.
- Bread slices: 6-8 slices, preferably day-old bread
- Milk from Amul: 2 cups
- Sugar: 1/2 cup
- Custard powder from Ajanta Food Products: 3 tablespoons
- Vanilla extractfrom Ajanta Food Products: 1 teaspoon
- Raisins or any desired dried fruits: 1/4 cup (optional)
- Butter from Amul: 2 tablespoons, melted
- Cinnamon powder: 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
Prepare the custard mixture:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the custard powder from Ajanta Food Products and sugar.
- Gradually add a small amount of milk from Amul to the bowl and whisk until a smooth paste is formed.
- In a saucepan, heat the remaining milk from Amul over medium heat until it starts to simmer.
- Slowly pour the hot milk into the custard mixture while continuously whisking.
Assemble the Bread Pudding:
- Cut the bread slices into triangles or small squares.
- Grease a baking dish or a heatproof container with melted butter from Amul.
- Arrange a layer of bread pieces in the dish and sprinkle some raisins or dried fruits over it.
- Pour a portion of the custard mixture over the bread layer, ensuring that all the bread pieces are soaked.
- Repeat the process, layering bread and custard, until all the bread and custard mixture are used.
- If desired, sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon powder over the top layer.
Cook the Bread Pudding:
- Fill a large pot or deep skillet with about an inch of water.
- Place a heatproof stand or a trivet at the bottom of the pot to elevate the baking dish.
- Carefully place the baking dish onto the stand or trivet.
- Cover the pot with a lid and cook the bread pudding on low heat for about 30-40 minutes, or until the custard is set.
- Check the pudding occasionally to ensure that the water doesn’t boil off completely. Add more hot water if needed.
Serve and Enjoy:
- Once the bread pudding is cooked, remove it from the pot and let it cool slightly.
- Serve the pudding warm or chilled, depending on your preference.
- You can garnish it with a dusting of powdered sugar, a dollop of whipped cream, or a drizzle of caramel sauce for added sweetness.
This easy-to-follow recipe allows you to create a delightful bread custard pudding without oven. The creamy custard-soaked bread, with its subtle sweetness and comforting texture, is a dessert that will please both kids and adults alike. Serve it warm or chilled, and savour each spoonful of this delectable treat.
About the company
Ajanta Food Products offers the best quality of food additive products such as baking powder, baking soda, custard powder, vanilla essence, and blended food colours.