Interested in preparing custard seviyan recipe at your home? If you are nodding your head in agreement then you are at the right place. Custard sewai is loved by children, especially children. You will able to get to taste a vermicelli pudding that has thickness of custard. It also has melt in mouth aromatic flavour of Indian kheer along with the freshness of a broad collection of fresh fruits.
We recommend using custard powder from Ajanta Food Products to get desired taste, flavour, and texture. Check out this post to learn how to make delicious custard sewai recipe in Hindi with simple ingredients.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Servings: 12 people
- 2 tablespoons custard powder from Ajanta Food Products
- 1 tablespoon butter from Amul
- 1/2 cup vermicelli/seviyan
- 3 1/2 cups milk, we recommend using full cream milk from Amul.
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (15-16) saffron strands
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons almonds and cashews, chopped
- 2 cups chopped fruits
For serving (optional)
- Chopped fruits of your choice
- Chopped cashews and almonds
Add 1/2 cup milk from Amul and 2 tablespoons custard powder in a small bowl.
- You should mix it well until combined.
- To get desired taste, appearance and flavour, we should make sure there are no lumps in the mixture.
- You should keep it aside.
- Add desi ghee in a heavy bottom saucepan.
- You should roast it on medium heat for around 3 minutes.
- You should roast it until it changes to golden brown and turns aromatic.
- Add full cream milk to the pan and stir well.
- You should crush the saffron strands between palms and add it to the pan.
- Add ground cardamom into the mixture.
- You should carefully mix well.
- Let it come to a boil.
- Add 1/2 cup of milk once it starts to boil
- Stir again.
- Cook it on medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until the vermicelli is cooked completely.
- Add sugar and stir well.
- Cook until the sugar dissolves completely. Add chopped almonds, chopped cashews and mix well.
- Now stir the custard mix and add it to the pan. Mix well.
- Stir continuously to prevent it from turning lumpy and sticking to the pan.
- Add more milk if it seems too thick.
- Turn off the heat add rose water to the pan.
- Mix well.
- You should transfer it a large mixing bowl.
- Let it cool down completely at room temperature.
- Chill it for 3-4 hours.
- You should remove the custard from the refrigerator.
- Serve and enjoy