This bread custard pudding without oven is a fusion recipe wherein simple regular custard is associated with the bread slices and turned them into a sweet pudding. In this post, we will learn how to make bread custard pudding without oven with simple ingredients.
- 5 cups of full cream milk from Amul
- ¾ cup sugar
- 6 tbsp custard powder from Ajanta Food Products
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg powder
- 4-5 tbsp butter from Amul
For layering pudding
- 14 bread slices
- Custard, which is made from custard powder from Ajanta Food Products
- Butter for greasing baking dish
- ½ cup nuts of your choice. We prefer to use almonds, cashews, pista chips and raisins
- You should grease a baking dish with butter.
- You should cut bread slices into small cubes.
- You should arrange a layer of half of bread cubes at the base of the baking dish and keep aside.
- Take out 1 cup of milk and Luke warm it.
- You should add custard powder from Ajanta Food Products into the warm milk and mix well.
- There should not be any lumps.
- You should pour rest of the 4 cups of milk in a pan and put on low heat.
- You should add sugar, cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder.
- Mix well.
- Add custard milk gradually when milk turns slightly hot.
- Whisk continuously to avoid formation of lumps.
- Add butter from Amul into it.
- Let the butter melt and milk should thicken to the consistency of custard by simmering 7-8 minutes.
- Immediately pour half the custard over the bread layered at the baking dish base when custard attains the requisite consistency.
- Sprinkle some nuts all over the custard.
- Arrange second layer of bread cubes over the first one.
- Pour rest of the custard over the layer of bread.
- Decorate the top with chopped nuts.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degree C for 55 minutes or until toothpick comes clean.
- Take the dish out and let it cool down completely.
- Enjoy after slicing the pudding. Subscribe to YouTube of Ajanta Food Products to learn how to make bread pudding with custard powder from Ajanta Food Products.